Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Awards
Recognize Outstanding Catholic School Students
NCEA is proud to initiate the NCEA Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Awards Program that will formally recognize extraordinary young people in our Catholic schools who through their selfless service, determination, innovation and ideals are changing the world. Through their faith, leadership and service to others, these students set the standards of personal conduct and public service by which the rest of us must measure ourselves.
This program is made possible, in part, through the generosity and support of Cross Catholic Outreach.
Every NCEA member Catholic school, both elementary and secondary, is eligible to nominate one student, who through personal witness and initiative, in service learning programs or community outreach, has become a hero to those who have been touched and nourished by his or her work or initiative.
The NCEA Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Awardees were notified in December 2016. Each awardee will be:
NCEA 2017 Youth Virtues, Valor and Vision Awards Winners
- Nationally recognized in NCEA's official publications, Momentum and NCEA Talk, and on the NCEA website;
- Featured during National Catholic Schools Week from January 29 - February 4, 2017;
- Highlighted during the 2017 NCEA Convention & Expo in St. Louis, Missouri from April 18-20, 2017;
- Presented with the prestigious NCEA Medal of Honor and a Certificate of Recognition by representatives from NCEA or Cross Catholic Outreach to each student at the awardee's school during the spring semester;
- Asked to contribute to an article for the summer 2017 issue of Momentum.
Additional questions or comments should be directed to Heather Gossart or Lucy Shufflebarger.