SUNDAY: Celebrate Your Parish
Catholic schools benefit all year long from the religious guidance, prayers and support parishes provide. Many parishes join in the National Catholic Schools Week celebration by devoting a Mass to Catholic education. Schools start the week by inviting parishioners and community members to parish-centered events and school open houses that feature their outstanding academic programs, religious education and service opportunities.
TIP: Even if you are not a parish school, reach out to local parishes early in the year to see if you can be part of a Mass during CSW. This is a great way to reinforce the shared commitment of faith and academics forming the whole child. A sample letter is available in the Tools and Templates section.
Ideas for Celebrate Your Parish
- Involve students and teachers in the liturgy when celebrating Mass by offering the readings or speaking.
- Invite families or groups of students to welcome parishioners as they arrive for the CSW Mass.
- Encourage random acts of kindness by distributing written prayers for others.
- Whether in-person Masses or livestreamed, ask the parish priests to announce it is Celebrate Catholic Schools Week, January 30 – February 5, at each Mass.
- In the bulletin, online or printed, invite parishes to pray for Catholic schools, yours especially. And don’t forget to invite parishioners to be sure to visit when it’s safe to do so again.
- Tag your parish on social media with a Canva-inspired post and use #CSW22.
- Download the “Snaps” from the Catholic Schools Week Kit and post them on your website and social media, in addition to including them in a bulletin or school e-newsletter.
- Share a parish’s Mass that is utilizing livestreaming on Facebook Live.